Combermere Abbey Cottages
|Room / Unit||Price||No. Of Rooms / Units||Sleeps|
|Cottage||£557.00 - £1098.00 (Per unit per week)||7||6|
DescriptionStay in these award-winning cottages on a large privately owned estate with stunning views overlooking the 12th Century Abbey and parkland.
Stay in these award-winning cottages on a large privately owned estate with stunning views overlooking the 12th Century Abbey and parkland. Enjoy the peace, privacy and comfort of our individually designed properties, which offer five star services.
We welcome non-smokers, assisted disabled, children and well-behaved dogs. The superb hospitality, freezers stocked with homemade foods; fresh brunch hampers and house wine list, makes each holiday special. Book a Get Up 'N' Go maid service to make your stay truly hassle free. Enjoy an Abbey tour, walking, cycling, or simply relax with a good book. Our romantic retreat option is perfect for anniversaries. Combermere is ideal for reunions and groups up to 20. The abbey is licensed for weddings.
Weekend and short breaks all year round. Couples discount for two sleeping in a cottage for four.
New Wedding Venue
The Glasshouse at Combermere, a stunning new wedding venue sits in the heart of the only Fruit Tree Maze in the world at the end of a mile long drive! This elegant fan shaped building full of style and drama, is surrounded by the Walled Gardens on this 850 year old Estate. Walking hand in hand with history, Combermere Abbey has played host to many well-known figures; all entranced by its magic.
Leave all the hurley burley behind. Our guests enjoy complete peace, privacy and excellent service and attention however large or small the gathering. With 180 degree views of the sky and gardens, this light and airy room seats up to 120 for a ceremony with receptions of up to 150 (in a marquee), or a smaller intimate ceremony and dinner up to 60 to celebrate your special occasion surrounded by loved ones.
Your wedding day is exactly that - yours. Whatever you want, we will do our utmost to make it happen. Let your imagination run free...
• There are two rooms licensed for civil and naming ceremonies and civil partnerships. The Glasshouse seats up to 120 for the ceremony and The Beckett Room for winter weddings between November and March up to 40.
• The Glasshouse is set up with chairs and tables and has toilets and catering kitchen. The package also includes a fully lined marquee with flooring and use of a private walled garden for receptions for groups up to 150 persons.
• We have a 'preferred suppliers' list for catering who specialize in sourcing local foods, as well as certain other services. Combermere also has in-house wine list to suit all tastes.
• Enjoy the whole day for your event, with a dedicated member of staff on duty throughout the day to take care of the details, and private parking on site.
• Stay on-site in our award winning 5* cottages - available for up to 27 people. Hampers, meals and wine can be ordered in advance. Additional accommodation is available 4 miles away.
• A dedicated hideaway can be rented by the honeymoon couple - a romantic C19 Gothic Lodge on the estate, complete with breakfast hamper and champagne.
Ratings and Awards
Note: Establishments may self assess themselves for accessibility. You are strongly advised to check directly with operators if you have specific access and mobility requirements.
From the junction of the A41/A49 (roundabout) follow the A41 to Whitchurch over the next roundabout. At the next rounabout turn right on to the A525 and then turn left on to the A530. Turn left in to the Combermere estate (signposted) continue up the drive. Finish at the Combermere Cottages.
The details displayed on this page are correct at the time of publication however, Shropshire Tourism would like to advise all visitors to check prices & opening times with the venue prior to traveling in case of changes that might have occured since the publication of this page. Whilst Shropshire Tourism endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Shropshire Tourism does not accept any liability for error or omission. The directions above are for planning purposes only and should be used alongside a general roadmap or satnav system. Variables such as road/construction works, traffic, weather conditions etc may cause alterations to the route.