The village of Cheswardine is set on a hill with fine views of the surrounding flat country. The Church is of great interest bearing the royal arms of Charles II, several windows by C.E. Kempe, 1892, a competitor of Morris’s. There are two old brasses dated 1610 and 1632 in the floor of the nave.
Cheswardine is about 8 miles north of Newport and 5 miles south east of Market Drayton.