The village of Melverley is another small village located in Shropshires north-western area on the border with Wales. It is situated on the Severn and Vyrnwy rivers near the Powys hills. This location (near two rivers with surrounding hills) occassionally causes some flooding.
Within the village is the notable site of St. Peters church which stands on the banks of the river Vyrnwy. It is the oldest black and white, timber framed church in Shropshire. the church itself was rebuilt in 1406 after Owain Glyndwr burnt it down.
There is a chained Bible (also known as a "Great Bible") and a Jacobean pulpit.