Myddle and Harmer Hill
The village of Myddle was home to Richard Gough, the first British social historian (1635-1723) who used the family pews of the church to trace the social history of the village. The village church though appearing 15th century from its tower was built in 1634. The church tower features an unusual hexagonal clock face. Scant remains of Myddle Castle built around 1307 by Lord Lestrange of Knockin. The village has many red sandstone buildings, which was quarried locally.
'The History of Myddle' is a book about the Shropshire Parish and everyday life in the seventeenth century written by Richard Gough.