Peplow

A fine pair of wrought iron gates lead to Peplow Hall, once the home of the Victorian millionaire philanthropist Francis Stanier. The Chapel of Epiphany was designed by Norman Shaw in 1878 and is typical of his style, with low timber and brick walls and very tall steep roof topped by a happy open timber bellcote. Reached from Hodnet on the A442 to Telford.