Ruyton-XI-Towns is a large village in northern Shropshire located near the town of Oswestry. It is located on the River Perry between the villages of Baschurch Wykey.
The village owes its name to the twelfth century when a castle was built and so the village became the focus of eleven local townships, some of which still survive today. The eleven townships in question were Coton, Eardiston, Felton, Haughton, Rednal, Ruyton, Shelvock, Shotatton, Sutton, Tedsmore and Wykey. The name of the village has changed its name a few times from Ruyton of the Eleven Towns or simply Ruyton.
The aforementioned castle was destroyed in 1202 but was subsequently rebuilt in 1313, only to be destroyed again by Owain Glyndwr.
The parish church dates in part from the 1130s.