Tilstock

A heathland village in Whitchurch contained between Prees Heath and the damper lands of Fenns and Whixall mosses. It is also close to Brown Moss Nature Reserve – an important primeval woodland and pond area. The red-brick church of 1835, with a tall slim tower with a pyramid roof, is the main feature of the village. The church windows are an early example of cast-iron glazing bars which give the interior an unusual clarity and airiness.